PHOENIX — A student who attends American Leadership Academy’s Ironwood K-12 campus was identified as having a presumptive positive test for the coronavirus.
According to a press release from the Arizona Department of Health Services, the student did not have severe illness and has fully recovered from the virus.
The individual was not on campus while ill, according to the release, and Public Health deems the risk to others outside of close contact to be low.
Since the school is on spring break, administrators will have time to fully implement health recommendations before school resumes.
Arizona Department of Health Services confirmed two new coronavirus test results over the weekend, bringing the total number of cases in the state up to five.
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 and other diseases spread through respiratory droplets, including the flu, health officials have issued the following recommendations:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Don’t make close contact with sick individuals.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Disinfect objects that are frequently touched.